Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 12-02-2003 , 12:59 AM

adding a new target to a blendshape node

i have an existing object that has a working blendShape node with its targets still intact...i would like to add a new target to THAT blendshape node...how do i do that? deform>edit blendshape>add target doesnt seem to work since im doing it rong..im sure

:-)
# 2 12-02-2003 , 06:13 AM
Subscriber
Be sure to select the target object first, then the base before you do this. Remember, if you mouse over almost any menu in Maya, the help line tells you what do, and in which order.

Steven C.
# 3 12-02-2003 , 12:34 PM
base object meaning my shapenode with all the deformers and stuff?

# 4 12-02-2003 , 03:33 PM
i tried it....it says " must select a specific blendshape node "....its an error....bec its in red

i tried this on a sphere and it worked...

it must be the wrap and skin deformer isnt it?

maya is very powerful..but hell its so complicated....

and simple tasks are made complicated too

# 5 12-02-2003 , 03:41 PM
aha! i detached the smooth skin and now it worked.....the smooth skin is keeping me from adding another target...y is it so? and what are the work arounds for this?

# 6 06-03-2003 , 12:25 PM
Hi pitbull,

I havn't done this, but,

you could try to turn off the BIND node (disable) it in the attribute editor. Try selecting the bind node and scroll down to the node state and try temporarily turning off the skin node while doing this operation.

eg. has no effect, blocking, etc...

also check the order of your binding blendshape nodes on your mesh as changing the order may be another workaround.

re jim

Mayan elder......only in years.....
# 7 06-03-2003 , 01:22 PM
thanks jim for replying ;-) im surprised that even after a month or so...my thread is still alive and being read ;-)

ill try it m8 ;-) dunno how to do it exactly but i guess the html helpfile would be handy thanks again