Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 211 25-06-2003 , 12:04 PM
looking so cool user added image where did you say you got the shader? or if you made it yourself how did you do the reflectionmap?

sleep is for lam3rs
# 212 25-06-2003 , 08:22 PM
i got the shader from gforce - anyone who wants it, or wants to contact me can get a handle of me on AIM at snowboardercf

-- Why is it snowing rain --
AIM: SnowboarderCF
# 213 26-06-2003 , 01:09 AM
alright.. i think i am going to basicly redo the car.. this time.. in sub-d. That should fix all my problems with seems.. plus.. it will make texturing a little bit easier. Wish me luck

# 214 27-06-2003 , 06:42 AM
alrighty user added image thanks for the info

by the way subds are great but i godda say nurbs are better for cars and stuff.. so if you got some artifacts on your model i think it whould be easyer to rebuild it with nurbs again..
why? cuz, for me atleast sub d car meshes tend do be very Very heavy with all the edge creasing n such.. of course this all depend on your skillz user added image but i guess mine arent that good.. good luck anyway user added image

o yeah another pro for rebuilding with nurbs..
you can relayout the curves directly on your nurbs surcafes and the loft and birail the whole thing back together.. thats should make it easyer do get the redone one to resemble the original..

o well user added image it'll look sweet whatever you choose

sleep is for lam3rs
# 215 01-07-2003 , 12:38 PM
omg...
is this cool O_O (the first car ^^ - made by u user added image )

i am an absoluted noob on maya (never started it user added image ) and want to learn it.

what do you think how much time i need to be able to model such a cool car??
a year ??

-greetz-
AbS0LuT3

p.s.: animate it ! that it turns around ?? (ure csx)

pps: sry, my english is worst user added image

-greetz-
AbS0LuT3

gFx pWnZ tHa rezT

Last edited by AbS0LuT3; 01-07-2003 at 01:17 PM.
# 216 19-07-2003 , 07:27 PM
I hgave no idea what this program is but i need to get it. i just happened to stumble accross this site and now i am wondering how do i get it what do i need to get it. (i noticed it was run on a macontosh do i need one?) and all that kinda mumbo jumbo. let me know because i am really interested in making cool stuff such as this awsome CRX. maybe not right away but in time.

# 217 20-07-2003 , 06:09 AM
the program i used is a little small company program that no one uses.. its pretty crappy.. Its called maya.. you probably never have heard of it.

but seriously.. i use maya for the mac currently, but maya can be run on pc, irix, and linux.

to get it... you need about $2000

go an check out https://www.aliaswavefront.com for system requirments, as well as pricing.

# 218 20-07-2003 , 03:51 PM
Simply Maya OG
.....So THATS the program we all use here at SimplyMAYA. user added image:p

- Hybrid
# 219 20-07-2003 , 05:37 PM
$2000 thats ****en crazy! is there any like demos or anything like that you can get for free?

# 220 20-07-2003 , 06:19 PM
Subscriber