Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 16-10-2004 , 06:06 PM
Subscriber

Modelling bat wings

Hey guys, how would you go about modelling detailed bat wings in nurbs?

There's the skeleton at the top of the wings and also bones supporting the skin between. You know, classical bat wings or majestic dragon wings.

Any suggestions welcomed.

Currently working on reclaiming Space
The Salvation Prophecy
# 2 17-10-2004 , 07:59 PM
I would probobly use tubes for the bones and loft the skin. I would make it completely flat, then skin or deform it to make it look like its flapping or whatever.

# 3 20-10-2004 , 03:27 PM
Subscriber
I had a theory of starting it flat and then pull out the forms of the bones sort of like you do with waves or ground, but thought that's probably not how to do it. Nice to hear it's one way of doing it. I'll get to it.

I understand the deform part, but you mention skin it? Care to fill me in? Would appreciate it. Thanks for your reply.

Currently working on reclaiming Space
The Salvation Prophecy
# 4 20-10-2004 , 04:18 PM
Skinning is just the process of attatching a skin (any poly/nurbs/subd object) to a bone or set of bones for animation. AKA rigging. Select the animation set of tools ( the drop down bar), then look at them and you will see one that says skin.