Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 22-12-2004 , 03:29 PM

Dec/Jan-Noob-raduangelescu

Hello!! I decided to enter this contest and I started moddeling . At first I wanted to enter the normal competition , but I saw the pics and I said " I don't have a chance " user added image ,so I entered the noob competition, where I found a lots of great photos but I hope here I will have a chance. It's my first time posting at one of simply mayas challlanges, I modeled for games before....
Here is a pic of the monster, I have lots of work to do , it isn't finished (pls post your critiques) , I will tri to make it below 3500. In this state it has 1584 tris. if I get the hang of normal mapping I'll try to make a very detailed model . (ps: i f you want to see more of my works visit www.raduangelescu.home.ro)

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 22-12-2004 , 06:23 PM
Just added more detail , now it has 2326 tris user added image, hope you like it

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 22-12-2004 , 06:28 PM
Subscriber
Looking good.

You've modelled for games before, but entered under noob because the standard looked too high in Norm???? The idea is for it to be a challenge!!

Just a thought... user added image

When in doubt......smile!

https://www.x-menthelaststand.com/
# 4 22-12-2004 , 06:29 PM
Subscriber
Welcome to SM user added image, the model looks very nice. Could you post a wire?

Watch Space Wars at www.3dden.co.uk now!

My pin number is XXXX
# 5 22-12-2004 , 09:06 PM
Sorry , my english isn't very good , I entered this contest because it was a challange for me , if I would have entered the normal , that would have ment I overapreciate my work , because (at this time) I have much to learn to become like the ones in the normal contest.....
THX for the welcome , here are the wires (now, I'm texturing .. If i don't go to sleep on the keyboard .. you may see a textured photo in 3 hours user added image )

Attached Thumbnails
# 6 22-12-2004 , 09:09 PM
Subscriber
Ok, cool. The model looks great, can't wait to see some textures!

user added image

When in doubt......smile!

https://www.x-menthelaststand.com/
# 7 22-12-2004 , 09:18 PM
and the second

Attached Thumbnails
# 8 23-12-2004 , 04:54 PM
THX....Ok.. here is a textured model, but now that I woke up , I find the textures to be awfull ... I 'll get started retexturing him ... user added image
(I've sed soo far 1 map fr bump mapping , 1 color map, 1 ambient map.. but i don't like them soo back to work )

Attached Thumbnails
# 9 23-12-2004 , 06:07 PM
Subscriber
The texture is actually not bad, just more work needed on the face and feet.

My pin number is XXXX
# 10 23-12-2004 , 07:52 PM
I changed the texture .. I still have lots of work on texturing .. I think I'll change the armor and make it all bone .. i welcome your sugestions (it's only the color map, this time I didn't use ambient or bump).Plz post your oppinion !!

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by raduangelescu; 23-12-2004 at 08:10 PM.
# 11 23-12-2004 , 08:17 PM
and you entered the noob department? lol:p

thats too awesome heh

Don't read anything I write down.. it's all weird
# 12 23-12-2004 , 10:02 PM
Subscriber
The texture looks sweet! :tup:

My pin number is XXXX
# 13 24-12-2004 , 02:07 PM
THx for the comments .. I remade some textures and started texturing the weapon ( added transparency maps user added image ). I have lots more to do , I will get back at the demon texture later , I have to make the axe first (I am thinking of adding some feathers or chains .. becoause I have too much free space in the alpha transparency bitmap user added image )......... waiting youre thoughts.

Attached Thumbnails
# 14 24-12-2004 , 03:28 PM
The Maya Mountain
Thanks for entering!

The model looks pretty good. Seems a bit too squared off in many places. You have over 1000 polys left to use before you hit even the minimum polycount requirement, so I'd recomend using them!

The texture right now looks very muddy and under-detailed. You can see a lot of texture breaks and such. Also, the weapon is mostly transparant, which seems rather odd.

Not trying to be harsh, persay... just trying to help. user added image Keep it up!

# 15 24-12-2004 , 05:34 PM
THx , critiques help me more than anything else... you're right the texture is moddy and the monster is not round enough .. going back to work .. THX again !!! (I think the mapping is all messed up user added image )