Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 11-06-2003 , 03:05 PM
Subscriber

extruded surfaces

Hello

I am trying to extrude a surface using a CV curve and a path. The path is a 3-sided square, completely ortogonal. My problem is in the curve.

It's CVs are not all in the same plane, and the curve seems to be a little inclined relative to the side and top planes. Then when I extrude it, the resulting surface is non-linear, with its width varying along the path.

I was wondering if there is a tool to make all the CVs to reside on the same plane and the curve to be paralell to a given plane.

Thanx in advance!!
Daniel

# 2 17-06-2003 , 03:23 PM
I may give you a partial response. If you want to have all your CVs on a ingle plane try utilizing your Vertex snap constrained to a single axis. Also, you could select all your CVs and snap them together (also on a single axis constraint) to a grid, curve or another vertex.
I also have problems pertaining non uniform extrusions and I am yet to find an answer