SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Lounges / Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge / Which tablet would you suggest

Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge Please post in this section ONLY if your question doesn't fit in anywhere else on the forum, or if you're not sure which section it's relevant to. We also have Free streaming trial available.

Join the conversation. Reply to post

12-02-2005, 06:50 PM   #1
M
Subscriber

Which tablet would you suggest
Hey guys, im thinking of buying a tablet for my PC so I can sketch what i want to sketch on photoshop and make decent textures for my models. Just im not sure which one i should get . Im not really a guru at any of it and im not sure if i should go with wacom or some other company. I'd want it to move smoothly and not be too small. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Matt

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
13-02-2005, 10:58 AM   #2
mhcannon
Subscriber

I'm happy with my Wacom Intous II. Version III is out now also. Whichever brand/model you decide to go with, I recommend getting the larger tablets if you plan to do a lot of drawing on it. I don't use the tablet in Maya, but I do do a lot of digital "inking" of scanned drawings in photoshop.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
13-02-2005, 05:17 PM   #3
M
Subscriber

Thanks a lot for the reply . I just needed some peoples advice.. i'll check out the price and see if i can afford it . Ever have those moments when you wish you could rewind the clock and NOT buy something so you could buy something else? haha . Thanks again

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com