Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 21-02-2005 , 07:51 PM

file referencing

I'm using file referencing for a project in which many objects have to animate so that the animators and the lighters can work on their respective parts simulaneously. The thing is, when the object is referenced in, Maya will not allow me to slip the keyframes to line up with changes in the camera.

Does anyone know of a way around this so I don't have to go back to the reference every time I want to slip the keys by a few frames?

Thanks.

# 2 23-02-2005 , 08:57 AM
as in you have mapped a reference to your camera and the reference is moving? create new cameras and use them for your reference mapping ?

Not too sure what kind of referencing your using and what the issue actually is, what is moving out of place?

I personally use a mapped NURBS plane with transparency on an SDK. Or use camera references and then script them to snap togeather or go further apart depending on what i want to to do.

FX supervisor - double negative
# 3 23-02-2005 , 11:33 AM
He's talking about "importing" other scene files into one master scene as references.

Haven't used this feature much so I'm afraid I can't help you Dann...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 4 23-02-2005 , 03:27 PM
ah no idea then user added image

FX supervisor - double negative
# 5 04-03-2005 , 08:45 AM
Subscriber
If I understand referencing correctly, one person can work on the model, while another uses a low res reference to handle the animation. Which end of the production pipeline are you on?

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."