Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 15-02-2007 , 11:11 AM

Questions regarding Soft/rigid bodies

I wonder if Soft/Rigid bodies is good to use as a cloth, curtains and such. If so how do you make it move realistic when moving the object?

And secondly how does i make it react with "solid" object if i for example want to have a curtain and then places a flower pot below it how does i make it move like it should?

Help would be most appriciated. user added image

# 2 15-02-2007 , 11:26 AM
Softbodies can be used as cloth with some care. You need to make the non soft object a goal than add springs to the particles (I think) that are created in the softbody, the springs can go wacko very easily.

If you want it to collide with a solid object you need to select the particles that are created for the softbody than then select the collison object and go to particles -> collide.

There was a tutorial on creating a softbody flag that might help you out, google it and you might find it as I cant remember where it was.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 15-02-2007 , 07:36 PM
Thanks, I will get right to it when I get home from school user added image

P.S tried to google it but I just found a tutorial for blender user added image

# 4 16-02-2007 , 06:21 AM
I have been testing maya cloth and it seems to do the job, but how do I pin it to a object or stiffen up a part of it? user added image