Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 05-07-2003 , 02:00 AM
The Maya Mountain

Star Wars Galaxies

Hey, guys, I just bought this game. It's my first foray into MMORPGs, and I understand that you pretty much have to join up with folks to play.

Since I have NO idea who to join with or how, I was wondering if anyone here might be interested in joining up?

My character will be (I made one, but as going it alone didn't work out I'm starting a new one) a Marksman named Jonah.

Feel free to respond, or if you'd rather, PM, IM, or email about what server, planet, and city you're in, so I'll start there and join up.

Thanks, guys!

# 2 05-07-2003 , 02:14 AM
I don't like games that require persistance and devotion. That's why i wont be getting this game. Single player RPGs I dont mind but multiplayer RPGs arent for me

MSN: cyborg_corporation@hotmail.com
AIM: RavagingOrc
# 3 05-07-2003 , 02:18 AM
The Maya Mountain
yeah, I'm the same way, really. This is my first experiement to see if I like it at all. A bunch of friends at work are on it. If no one else here has it, hopefully I can join up with them or something. user added image

# 4 05-07-2003 , 02:31 AM
i am thinking of getting this game...is it any good??

- TwEeK
# 5 05-07-2003 , 07:46 AM
The Maya Mountain
Well, I've found it most fun when I'm playing with friends that I know. I'm not much for playing with complete strangers. MMORPGs are still new to me, so it's still taking some getting used to.

# 6 05-07-2003 , 09:38 AM
:O
star wars galaxies is out?

damnit...didn't notice.

After checking the new post here at sm I will go and buy it.

So I will answer your question later.
btw...is it a "pay for play" game?

for some MMORPGs you have to pay monthly...some weird online costs :S

# 7 05-07-2003 , 02:23 PM
The Maya Mountain
you get your first month free with the game, but after that it's something like $15 US a month.

# 8 05-07-2003 , 03:06 PM
wow the prices have gone up since the good ol days of ultima online user added image

# 9 05-07-2003 , 03:55 PM
Subscriber
I myself won't be buying it, but there are forums and websites on the net you can join that will take you in. TheCrescentOrder was and still is the biggest group I know of, but unfortunately they are not accepting applications to join as of now. I once was a member of the group, which involved a lot of role playing as well, but I quit once I figured out I was wasting my time with them since it required so much of your time. If you're not extremely active in TCO, they boot ya' out.

Anyway, MMORPG's are the new thing and people have been anticipating Star Wars Galaxies for a long while now.

Welp, there's my useless input for the day.

# 10 05-07-2003 , 04:58 PM
The Maya Mountain
yeah, I knew that this would be the only MMORPG I would even consider buying, since I'm such a big SW fan. I managed to join up with some coworkers at work, so I'm set. user added image

It's one of those games that aren't too fun to play alone, so I kinda don't like that. I dont' like having to wait on other people to show before being able to play.

But I guess that's kinda the norm with these types of games. Like I said, this is a big experiement for me, to see if I even like this style of play.

# 11 06-07-2003 , 02:46 AM
I like neverwinter nights. Not only is it super fun. But it's moddable/customizable/you can download custom adventures, models, wepaons, etc.

# 12 06-07-2003 , 08:53 AM
I want WoW! NOW!

# 13 06-07-2003 , 03:37 PM
<-- Freak for Adventure Games ... just ordered The Longest Journey.
I´m about to dig out my copy of The Dig somewhere around my closet too. Hope I didn´t sell it.

# 14 06-07-2003 , 07:19 PM
I got the game the day it came out.... And got to play for an hour before they had to bring down the servers. What server are you on? I'm on Chilastra right now. I actually do play solo a lot of the time, espeacially recently although several of my close friends play too.

# 15 06-07-2003 , 08:13 PM
The Maya Mountain
hey, cool, I'm on chilastra, too.

Right now, I'm on Naboo, but a friend of mine and I are joining a guild that a bunch of guys at work are in on Corellia. So, we'll be moving there soon. user added image

My name on there is "Jonah-" with the hypen at the end. Had a problem with just Jonah. user added image