Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 04-09-2003 , 12:16 AM
Subscriber

Colored Visible Lights?!! HOW!!!

how are these kinds of effects created? Im interested in creating these sorts of lighting effects and such, for example, a glowing pool of light, that is emitting straight beams of light up into the air, that spiral around a bit....or something akin to movie title special effects....any ideas anyone...this is a good example of what im talking about

https://www.artbeats.com/prod/product.php?pg=1&id=336

Thanks in Advance!

# 2 04-09-2003 , 03:23 AM
Well, besides buying some of that footage and comping it into your shot, I would HIGHLY suggest an After Effects plugin called "Shine", as that is exactly what it is designed to do.

https://www.trapcode.com/products_shine.html

To do it in After Effects by hand you would apply HEAVY doeses of directional blur to your objects with layer blending mode effects for bright and dark areas.

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 3 04-09-2003 , 08:51 PM
Subscriber
So there is no way to do this in Maya? I though that most effects like this were created in 3D programs such as maya, and max. Am i wrong? I have access to after effects 6.0 so i think that i will take a look at what it can do, thanks.

That link that you posted seems to be not working. Maybe the site is down? Or something?

Thanks
Adam

# 4 04-09-2003 , 09:22 PM
Yeah, it appears to be having trouble at the moment, so if you do a search on Google, you can see some of thier stuff toouser added image

There are "some" ways to do things like that in Maya like rgbPP particle sims, fluids, and even texture maps on planes and simple geometry, heck, even PaintFX.

But usually, the VFX-rule-of-thumb is if you don't have to
"fly through it",
it is ALWAYS best, and usually FASTER to do it in POST.

Just my 2 centsuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com