Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 25-11-2004 , 10:31 AM

Image Planes look... black

Hi, People

I'm totally new to this, so try to remember, how frustrating it was for you at the beginning user added image

Alright, I studied several Tutorials on making cars, all of them very helpfull, and I decided to start my project. I made the image planes, the right resolutions and everything... but as I import them -following the tutorial "Image Plane Setup" ( https://www.strarup.net/maya/imageplanesetup/ ) they just look... well, black.

I'm sure I messed up with some settings somewhere, but I can't find the problem. Did I mentioned, no experience at all?

Thanx

Paul

# 2 26-11-2004 , 04:51 AM
Subscriber
Why don’t you download Kurt’s Cartoon Dog tutorial…(it’s free). In the first part he goes over setting up Image Planes. It should help you.

Hey, I know how tough it is when you are just starting....just keep at it.user added image

# 3 26-11-2004 , 11:51 AM

Got it

Well, I solved the problem. I Just lowered the resolution of my jpgs and after importing they were visible.

Afterwards I spent two hours figuring out how to move them to the right positions... but that's part of a different story.

I already built up the caracter lines with CVs and it doesn't look that bad, let the problems begin user added image

Paul