Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 05-07-2005 , 07:43 PM

boolean polygons

Hello,

I have alrady looked in other threads for an answer to my problem: Although, many people seem to be having this problem, I didn't come across a real solution and was wondering if someone could explain why is it that at some points, maya chooses to make the objects disappear when performing boolean differences. :headbang:

Is it because of the way the edges are placed, eihter way, if anyone has ANY explanation to this dilemma, I would truly appreciate any sort of answer.

Thank you

# 2 09-07-2005 , 08:27 AM
Seriously? It depends.

You might, for example, have an object that is non-manifold or is otherwise not valid for the operation. But if you're trying a sphere/cylinder or cube/cylinder combination, those ones are just wierd (this is one of the situations where maya kills the shape on mine, don't know about yours). As near as I can tell, the best way to solve that particular problem is to select a cylinder (or a resultant from a cylinder) and then the other shape.
If you're trying to work with non-manifold geometry (the 'polygons>cleanup' operation will take care of most of these (i think)), you may be stuck.

So how about more specifics?