Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 30-08-2005 , 06:05 PM
Subscriber

curious thought

my animations in maya seem to be lagging for very simple movements such as walking. if lagging hasn't been much of an issue for you, could u guys give me a spec of your pc hardware. i'd like to compare it to mine. maybe thats my problem, upgrading!

Last edited by danotronXX; 30-08-2005 at 08:45 PM.
# 2 30-08-2005 , 07:56 PM
i have an AMD 2600, 128 mb G Force 9520 disp card, 512 MB RAM.
have you tried turning on "fast interaction"? you can do that by going to Display>fast interaction.
also, if your model is hi-res, it is likely to lag. the solution to that is, you can make a lo-res copy, cut its different parts, and then just parent them to the joints. this way you can display the low res while animating, and turn on hi-res for rendering

# 3 30-08-2005 , 08:41 PM
Subscriber
awsome man, tks!