Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 17-04-2003 , 02:33 AM

Network Rendering for big image still.

Hi, I'm working on this project for a radio station, and it is taking 3 people and making them as a 3d Character, I plan to use Poser 5 for this, since it is going to save ALOT of time, (if you can give me a tip on how to do it on MAYA I'll do it on maya then), but well, the thing is that this image is going to be " 4 feet tall",

so, what I am basically going to do its do each character separated, and then after they are rendered at " 300 dpi and 4 feet tall", I'll edit them in photoshop..

The deal is that I'll be making lots of renders, like for testing, so I want to setup a network rendering with my network,
I've got 4 extra computers (well hardware built), and well I want to make them work as RENDERING machines, so the rendering is done faster.

Please help me, tell me what programs I can use for this task, and how to config it.

Thanks
Carlos.

# 2 17-04-2003 , 04:12 PM
please come on, don't just look and not say anything (if u can help me)

# 3 17-04-2003 , 05:16 PM
what operating system are u using and give specs of machines and Maya version.

I think there is only one program out there capable of dividing a single frame to render on multiple machines

# 4 17-04-2003 , 06:28 PM
maya 4.5, 3 1ghz 1gb ram machines.
Windows XP

# 5 19-04-2003 , 12:10 AM
Ok There is one program, u need to read through every tool in the page, there are some render ones but only one will render stills,

let me know if you find it, whats' the title and if all machines have to be on Windows NT/2000/XP (same Os)

Thanks !