Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 16-10-2003 , 08:44 PM

Wolverine Regeneration

The effect I am talking about is when an injury occurs it heals in a matter of seconds like in Xmen. The answer is probably not in Maya but this is the only special effects forum I know so could some one help me out.

mahalo,

Myk

<a href="https://www.metic.net" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="_blank">www.metic.net</a><br />
# 2 16-10-2003 , 09:20 PM
I know what you mean...

The best path would be:

1 Shoot the unharmed end state.
2Create the animated wound on maya (or by other means, lets visit the marketstore and play with cameras, beefsteaks and knives...dont do it at home user added image), what you are interested is on a open meat look, but just that, no adjacent thingies, also you import the appropiate segment of the original unharmed to position the wound and camera so that it fits

3 then they hand the original footage plus the wound footage to postproduction and there they composite, warp, morph and color correct it "ad nausea" until you say: "i wanna do that..."

Last edited by dragonfx; 16-10-2003 at 09:24 PM.
# 3 16-10-2003 , 11:22 PM
Thanks Dragon!

Pretty much what I was gonna say as welluser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 4 18-10-2003 , 03:49 AM
thanks

mahalo,

Myk

<a href="https://www.metic.net" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="_blank">www.metic.net</a><br />
# 5 08-11-2003 , 03:58 AM
Got anything we can see yet? or was it just a test idea?

just curioususer added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 6 08-11-2003 , 03:27 PM
No sorry, i dont get the clips from the short film yet because that was just an idea. Its not certain I will even need it, but I think I'm going to try it out on a still picture.

mahalo,

Myk