Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 16 06-09-2002 , 08:47 AM

VIP Area Thumbs up!

Yes, I was lucky enough to see some of the movies in the VIP section (as I work with kev user added image) and although I havnt gone through them yet on comparing them to other tutorials I find these ones much better...

For a start they dont step stages...where as I find myself pulling out my hair on all the others.

If there is a problem, your question is answered quickly as where you dont get nothing elsewhere.

The tutorials are gradually getting harder - but there is not a massive learning curve that people cant keep up with.

The stitching tutorial is a better example then the patch video from alias..that is 130 bucks

and the list goes on. This hurts me to say this but these tutorials are excellent.

Regards

Humble Rossland
user added image

I Promise To miss behave - I Promise To miss behave - I Promise To miss behave - I Promise To miss behave
# 17 11-09-2002 , 08:46 PM
Subscriber

Gnomon Online

Hi all, just wanted to say that prior to my signing up with this site, which I must say is turning out to be very informative. I signed up with the Gnomon Online site... which I'd have to totally agree with Kevin... the VIP vids are all pre-made scenes, so if your a newbie you'd be clueless in actually understanding where the teachers began. After the second day with them, I cancelled my account. Now I'm on here, and I find it an amazing atmosphere. Good job. user added imageuser added image

# 18 11-09-2002 , 10:01 PM
Kevin
great stuff BillyZ!! and glad you are enjoying the site and the VIP area.

# 19 11-09-2002 , 10:01 PM
I am glad you like it here....we rock to say the least!! :banana: :banana:

# 20 12-09-2002 , 02:10 PM

Free Maya CD Tutorials

...why dont you mates check this site out:
https://www.3dbuzz.com/

just click on the top banner for sign up. You get a free training cd every month....very professional. They just want you to place some posts in their forums. I got mine after about 20, really no big deal.