Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 24-02-2006 , 04:53 PM

Duplicating particles

I have created a nice particle group using an emitter ramps etc to get the desired result, I now want to duplicate this network and be able to assign it to another area of my scene, if i duplicate the emitter I dont get the particle emmissions, how can I copy these over??

Hope this makes some sense

Cheers

# 2 24-02-2006 , 05:06 PM
The Maya Mountain
when you dupe the emitter, delete the new particle object that comes with it.

In Window > Relationship Editors > Dynamic Relationships, you can assign your initial particle object to multiple emitters in your scene.

# 3 24-02-2006 , 05:12 PM
Cheers Mike, Never thought of that! Been trying to do it vai the hypershade and hypergraph.

Cheers!!

# 4 24-02-2006 , 11:01 PM
You could also try this. Disconnect your particle from all fields, emitters etc. Then export the particle only. Now you can import it to any scene and connect it to desired fields, emitters etc you wish using the relationship editor.

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 5 25-02-2006 , 11:04 AM
Cool Kbrown i'll remember that one