Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 16 17-11-2002 , 09:10 AM
Subscriber
maybe i can work up a few models if ya want

# 17 17-11-2002 , 11:37 AM
Subscriber
Hey Kevin, I was looking at the Site's similies and I saw that the :banana: buddy needs some friends to dance around with user added image

why not add them in? user added image

# 18 17-11-2002 , 11:38 AM
Subscriber
more user added image

# 19 17-11-2002 , 11:39 AM
Subscriber
and more

# 20 17-11-2002 , 11:42 AM
Kevin
haha daves personal favourite!!! the dancing banana user added image

tariqrf - models would be great ..then I can add our own catagories in the modesl area called "members models"

excellent user added image

# 21 17-11-2002 , 01:46 PM
Subscriber
You have to love the bananna:banana:

Never Do Today What You Can Put Off Till Tomorrow..
My New Site MayaFx.com
# 22 17-11-2002 , 06:40 PM

Originally posted by 3djoe
You have to love the bananna:banana:

I would rather stomp on the banana. user added image

# 23 18-11-2002 , 04:35 AM
Subscriber

origanilly posted by adldesigner
I would rather stomp on the banana.

Now that hurtsuser added image

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Never Do Today What You Can Put Off Till Tomorrow..
My New Site MayaFx.com
# 24 18-11-2002 , 05:09 AM
I couldn´t find one stomping on the banana ... but I think this one will do the deed. Just imagine it´s the dancing banana dude.
user added image

Hehehe user added image

# 25 18-11-2002 , 05:19 AM
i would like to see. a paint chat section.

# 26 18-11-2002 , 06:16 AM
Subscriber
Kevin,

How about interviews... I know it is a little be hard, but interview a MayaMaster, sounds nice to me.

Rodrigo Soares
www.r3dimensional.com
# 27 18-11-2002 , 10:54 AM
Perhaps I have a few suggestions that i could add to this conversation. I was seeing that someone wanted a tutorial on hypershade and all the different things you can do with it. While i think that would be an awesome Tutorial i personally beleive that with all the time and effort that would go into it, it would show up in the VIP section. I personally am not a subscriber yet, although i will be soon, hopefully.

I mean as the tutorials get old, or a few tutorials should be added intermittently to the free section, personally i think theses should be beginners topics. Such as Navigating Maya: Tips & Tricks, Basic Polygonal Modelling, Basic Sub-divs, Basic Key-Frame Animation, Basic Hypershade. Since these topics are a little easier to cover than more advanced topics and will probably take up less room, and less bandwidth than the larger files being downloaded regarding Advanced issues from the free area.

Also, i was having quite a hard time with the .wmv's its actually really annoying when you missed a part and you have to skip back a few seconds and it takes forever to buffer, so perhaps if you guys could switch over to DivX as your movie format, its a good compression and great quality, that would be cool, though if .wmv is a must I Will live user added image.

Perhaps more additions to the Gallery, and perhaps even an Animation Gallery for people to showcase their short's and quick renders.

Perhaps even offer hosting packages for beginning 3d artists who need to get a website going to showcase their 3d art and portfolio.

And of course, more shaders, more models, more tutorials, but honestly this site already is one of the /BEST/ on the web. So you guys just keep up the awesome work.

This ones to you Kevin and the Guys at Simply! user added image Cheers!,
Imperator

PS: Kevin can you PM me with yer ICQ or MSN Messenger ID, need to talk regarding VIP membership

# 28 18-11-2002 , 10:57 AM
SM Alumni
You guys have got me going now.

Where does the song...'yes, we have no bananas' come from????
Damn thingsuser added image

gimme everything u got
# 29 18-11-2002 , 11:13 AM
I agreee with the guy who mentioned the hypershade

there is sooo much stuff to the hypershade (like all the utilities) that people don't know how to use or what they are for. as for more free stuff, I would probably disagree.

you shouldn't think of it as a cost but an investment. i mean it is the same as buying 4 pints (or even 3 in some places). I'm sure you could go without an extra 4 pints a month. But then I keep trying to convince myself of that and it never usually works hehe

# 30 18-11-2002 , 11:34 AM
Kevin
Some good points here:

Ill answer under each one if I can:

Originally posted by Imperator
Perhaps I have a few suggestions that i could add to this conversation. I was seeing that someone wanted a tutorial on hypershade and all the different things you can do with it. While i think that would be an awesome Tutorial i personally beleive that with all the time and effort that would go into it, it would show up in the VIP section. I personally am not a subscriber yet, although i will be soon, hopefully.

Yes - we are working on a series of hypershade videos now. These do indeed go into a lot of detail as the hypershade is very very indepth at times. But we hope to get the basics into the free area.

I mean as the tutorials get old, or a few tutorials should be added intermittently to the free section, personally i think theses should be beginners topics. Such as Navigating Maya: Tips & Tricks, Basic Polygonal Modelling, Basic Sub-divs, Basic Key-Frame Animation, Basic Hypershade. Since these topics are a little easier to cover than more advanced topics and will probably take up less room, and less bandwidth than the larger files being downloaded regarding Advanced issues from the free area.

Yep same answer for as above, as we see now the sm commnuity is growing, we also need to be adding more to these to the free area, we will also be adding some more advanced ones to.

Also, i was having quite a hard time with the .wmv's its actually really annoying when you missed a part and you have to skip back a few seconds and it takes forever to buffer, so perhaps if you guys could switch over to DivX as your movie format, its a good compression and great quality, that would be cool, though if .wmv is a must I Will live user added image.

Yep this has already been discussed as well. We are currently looking into DIVX format, and although the next 2 or 3 tutorials will infact be in WMV...after that we hope to have in DIVX format

Perhaps more additions to the Gallery, and perhaps even an Animation Gallery for people to showcase their short's and quick renders.

The upload feature now works on the gallery so its up to you guys to fill it user added image - a good idea on the animation showcase, I will look into this.

Perhaps even offer hosting packages for beginning 3d artists who need to get a website going to showcase their 3d art and portfolio.

We do! user added image We have a few guys already hosted here, and although we have not made it public yet.... we do in fact offer this service. As long as the user is a member here and visits the board to help the SM community.

And of course, more shaders, more models, more tutorials, but honestly this site already is one of the /BEST/ on the web. So you guys just keep up the awesome work.

thank you user added image

This ones to you Kevin and the Guys at Simply! user added image Cheers!,
Imperator

PS: Kevin can you PM me with yer ICQ or MSN Messenger ID, need to talk regarding VIP membership

sure Its in my profile user added image and thanks for your input