Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 15-11-2007 , 08:53 AM

moving hair

I have created some hair using curves but when I select everything and try moving it the curves are not following properly. I assume this is why once I get the hair where it should be in the viewport, it is rendering as if it is where somewhere else. If anyone can help fix this problem it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Leon

# 2 15-11-2007 , 12:11 PM
it sounds like you are selecting the hair twice - possibly the curves and the group that they are in - so when you go to move it, the transform tool works on it twice, making some things move differently than others. Take a look in your outliner and make sure you are only selecting the curves.

# 3 16-11-2007 , 12:02 AM
Yeah, You just need to move the lowest part of the histroy, so if you created curves that then have the hair you jusnt nee dto move the curves not the whole lot.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle