Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 16-09-2003 , 06:03 AM

newbie question

what books or videos do you guys recomend for beginers and why? thanks

# 2 16-09-2003 , 06:46 AM
Subscriber
I recommend the VTM's on this site. Free and VIP.
[As for why... Because they are good and don't 'waffle' on about stuff un-related to Maya like some others do - Also don't cost an arm and a leg like others] user added image
Also I'm after a Book called 'Maya Savvy' dunno the author, but the book covers the basics and goes quite a bit further. user added image

Regards Scraggy.

[Sorry I cannot answer your other posts, I'm at work at the moment so don't have Maya open - I am a noob myself and wouldn't want to give you any wrong info. would need to check in Maya]

Last edited by Scraggy_Dogg; 16-09-2003 at 06:49 AM.
# 3 16-09-2003 , 03:45 PM
Subscriber
Maya Savvy is a good book.. look under SYBEX online to find the publisher. I got a copy of savvy for 4.5 looking for savvy 5.0 now. 4.5 was one of my best books.

<html><font size=2>
<font color="blue">
And after calming me down with some orange slices and some fetal spooning,
E.T. revealed to me his singular purpose.

--TOOL, 10,000 Days---

</font></pre>
</html>
# 4 16-09-2003 , 04:37 PM
You might want to search the forum also...this question has been asked dozens of times.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."