Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 02-01-2004 , 02:23 AM
Subscriber

imported text on the object

Hi,
I would like to apply a text I made in Photoshop on a glass material made in Maya. I would like only the letters to be shown.

how to do it.

# 2 02-01-2004 , 04:39 AM
Subscriber
If the text is black and the back ground to it wight, its really simple. just use the same texture you use in the color on the transucancy channel. it will not show the shader its in on the wight places and will show the text in black. If your text is not fully black or the back ground not fully wight you might need to ajust it so it is for the translucany map. anything wight will be clear, black will not.

Hope this helps.

# 3 02-01-2004 , 06:10 AM
Subscriber
I think it would have to do something with alpha channel and layerered shader so only letters could be visible on the glass material.

any tutorial would help a lot.

# 4 02-01-2004 , 06:49 AM
Subscriber
oh btw sorry I got it wrong you need it black for the transparent part and wight for the letters.

also what are you trying to do this with ? just a shader, layered shader or layered texture.. what is the set up sofar ?

# 5 02-01-2004 , 07:43 AM
Subscriber
layered shader

# 6 12-01-2004 , 10:50 PM
Make sure your text has an alhpa channel on it and assign the text to the Transparency channel.

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu