Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 61 31-08-2007 , 10:41 PM
19 year Veteran
Here is my final. Didn't have enough time to tweak all the materials I was working with ( jacket in particular). Tried to make up for it with lighting, and some post woirk in photoshop. Let me know what you think.

Attached Thumbnails
# 62 03-09-2007 , 03:11 PM
Hey Man,

Dont know how I missed this!

Great work in the end man, looks really good, I really like the pose of him, looks cool.

Good Luck!

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 63 03-09-2007 , 06:53 PM
19 year Veteran
Cheers gster123!user added image I was hoping to have a few comments on my final but for some reason I didn't get any. I guess no one really cared for it. Anyway, glad you liked it.

# 64 03-09-2007 , 06:56 PM
Happens like that sometimes, not that people dont like it I think its becouse people look at it go wow then click onto the next.

I really liked the Idea, in fact I was thinking of doing a skeleton pirate but after doing my Grim reaper I wanted to do something different, pushing myself as you do!

I reckon a bit more work on the clothing, textures, etc this would make a great portfolio piece.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 65 03-09-2007 , 07:07 PM
Subscriber
Hey thx, but some of us did comment just before the finals, and sometimes it just feels stupid to repeat onself along the lines of "Hey, looks good, keep up the good work".
Trust me, it's not that we don't care because we do.

If I may throw in a small crit I would have loved to see the skelly rendered against something else than a black bakground. It's healthy to have no more than a maximum of 30% black in any composition. It doesn't bring down the overall because you rendered against black (it's very neutral afterall just like greys).
It's just a little tip that you can incorporate or disagree with for the next one.

Currently working on reclaiming Space
The Salvation Prophecy

Last edited by AlphaFlyte; 03-09-2007 at 07:13 PM.
# 66 03-09-2007 , 07:08 PM
19 year Veteran
Thanks for the kind words man, means alot! A skeleton pirate was pretty ambitious project to take on. The rib cage was untimately the hardest part to build, and it had burnt me out for a while because of so many edges to merge. when it came closer to deadline and I had to rush the last parts of the model ( Hat, boots, Jacket ect.) Then I basically ran out of time to really focus on the textures. I'm still going to work on it to improve the textures. Thanks again for the input!user added image

# 67 03-09-2007 , 07:16 PM
19 year Veteran
Cheers AlphaFlyte! user added image Yes you did comment on the pre final, Big thanks for that! I hear where your comming from on repeating the same things, sounds reasonable. I should habe been specific about what kind of C&C I needed for the entry. Thanks for the advice!

# 68 03-09-2007 , 08:48 PM
Wow, it looks great! I love the detail in the skeleton, the knees especially. The hat is also done very well. But i don't like the texturing on the boots, they look rusted (but i understand you didnt have time) and the image itself looks as if its been Sharpened a bit too much. Great Work!user added image

Yay, not a freshman anymore!
# 69 03-09-2007 , 10:27 PM
19 year Veteran
Big thanks for the C&C kinddoggofwar! user added image I'm working on a new texture for the boots and jacket. As far as sharpening in concerned, I didn't use a sharpen filter. I used just a tad of edge enhancement, but that could still be translated as sharpening I guess. Thanks again for the input!