Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 23-11-2008 , 12:41 PM
Jr.Who

Software recommendations

Hey guys,

I got a PC and I need some help. First, let me say that this PC is not replacing my Mac. lol Long story short, I know someone that works with computers and I was able to get one for free. It's only temporary, cause I want to use ZB, so once I get a new Mac, I'll probably get rid of the PC.

Anyway, I'm looking for a site that has PC software, and lists recommendations for programs that are alike. For Mac apps, I just use MacUpdate or iUseThis, but for PC, it seems like it's a bit harder to find something like this.

Like, right now I'm looking for some programs that do the same as these:
https://www.dachshundsoftware.com/index.html
Although I've used these programs on other PCs and they do work well, I'm wondering if there are any better ones out there.

-Steven Palmesano

# 2 23-11-2008 , 03:25 PM
Never used anything like that stuff. And probably wouldent, they just look a bit dodgey.

Your one devoted mac user, think you know my stance on the mac fronts, haha.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 23-11-2008 , 10:33 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
More talk about MACs on my forums!?!

... Someone get me my bat user added image

to be honest I don't really know of such a site, but I thought ZBrush for the Mac was already released?

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 4 24-11-2008 , 02:20 AM
download.com may be what you are after.

C. P. U. Its not a big processor... Its a series of pipes!
# 5 24-11-2008 , 05:37 AM

Originally posted by Mayaniac
More talk about MACs on my forums!?!

... Someone get me my bat user added image

to be honest I don't really know of such a site, but I thought ZBrush for the Mac was already released?

It is man, just that will apple going over to X86 and dropping the PPC format, the softwares have too, Z's only intel mac so is Maya 09.

Bit of a sickener if you spent a lot of cash on one

# 6 05-12-2008 , 03:44 AM
Jr.Who

Originally posted by gster123
Never used anything like that stuff. And probably wouldent, they just look a bit dodgey.

Your one devoted mac user, think you know my stance on the mac fronts, haha.

I think I'll take them off anyway… they're not really helping. lol

Haha, yeah, I like my Mac. My thoughts on PCs are just about the same since the one I have now has crashed about 4-5 times already.

# 7 05-12-2008 , 03:54 AM
lol, they crash because windows is poo poo, update drivers constantly ... usually fixes alot of crashing issues. I did that with my setup after having a huge spout of bsod for a year or so and it disappeared. Or just use a linux system tis ftw, if a program hangs up then just change to a new desktop and no problems at all user added image.

I have to say i had many more issues with macs, i found maya / PS unstable on the macs i have used.

FX supervisor - double negative
# 8 05-12-2008 , 05:18 AM
I keep toying with linux, but all my rigs are stable as a stable thing on the most advanced stability controler. I cant even think when I last had a crash.

PC's generally crash due to bad programming on the software end, conflicts between then, drivers etc, and as theres loads of cofigs of hardware and software, well you get the picture.

# 9 05-12-2008 , 05:23 AM
Jr.Who

Originally posted by LauriePriest
lol, they crash because windows is poo poo, update drivers constantly ... usually fixes alot of crashing issues. I did that with my setup after having a huge spout of bsod for a year or so and it disappeared.

Nice. I tried updating my drivers and now I'm not getting sound and my mouse isn't showing up.

# 10 05-12-2008 , 05:56 AM
What drivers are you updating, I've never updated a driver at all, and never had a problem.

# 11 05-12-2008 , 12:08 PM
Jr.Who

Originally posted by gster123
What drivers are you updating, I've never updated a driver at all, and never had a problem.

… My audio and mouse drivers. lol

Doesn't matter, just took me a couple of hours to fix it. user added image