Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 31-01-2003 , 05:08 PM

Haemoglobin Project Stuff

Hi guys I need your opinions on some work I am doing for a short film that uses CG and live action (Uni project)

The basic premise is that this story is set in the not too far off future and bad things have happened in the world and blood is used as the new currency. So everybody has to wear a wristband that they use to pay for things with. The wristband takes blood directly from the person's wrist.

So I am supposed to model the wristband at the moment. I am doing two, one that someone is using currently and one that has been discarded and has been lying in an alleyway for sometime.

the one on this post is the one that has been lying around for a while. I am mostly concerned with how the textures look and if the shape of the model is convincing enough.

The big red thing on top is the indicator that shows how much blood the person has left (The more blood they use the blacker it turns) and the tubes running down the side are how the blood travels to the indicator from the valve at the bottom.

ANY comments and crits are more than welcome as I really want to get this right!

user added image

Alan

Ps the arm is very much a temporary thing just to see how it looks.
:banana:

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 2 31-01-2003 , 05:12 PM
Slightly closer shot

IMDB
# 3 31-01-2003 , 05:13 PM
Subscriber
it looks like a watch if you ask me

# 4 31-01-2003 , 05:15 PM
it's kinda supposed to! user added image

IMDB
# 5 31-01-2003 , 05:33 PM
I like the shape of it, but to me it looks very unfinished. Try adding some knobs, buttons, an LCD display, or even some incandescence to the blood. The texture seam is pretty obvious inside the watch, so if you plan to shoot a scene that shows the inside of the watch you might want to think about fixing it.

The concept of paying by blood is weird.

"Can I have a coke, with a burger and fries? "

"That'll be half a pint."

"Sheesh, you guys are killing me!"

heh

# 6 31-01-2003 , 05:38 PM
yeah it is very unfinished you're right, it wasnt going to have knowbs and buttons cause the "director" of the project wants it to be smooth and not have any extremities if you know what I mean.

There shouldnt be any shots of the iniside of it so the seam shouldnt be a problem I think.

Thanks for the feedback though it's really appreciated!

(Ps I checked out your website, the concept art there is fantastic! Love the pencil sketch of optimus prime!!!!!) user added image

IMDB

Last edited by Alan; 31-01-2003 at 05:40 PM.
# 7 31-01-2003 , 05:44 PM

Originally posted by wchamlet
The concept of paying by blood is weird.

"Can I have a coke, with a burger and fries? "

"That'll be half a pint."

"Sheesh, you guys are killing me!"

heh

LMAO user added image

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 8 31-01-2003 , 06:30 PM
I'd say it looks too shiny considering it's supposed to be dirty (judging by the textures anyway) and lying in an alley way.

# 9 31-01-2003 , 07:10 PM
Thanks Pure_Morning. My goal is to transfer all my 2D art abilities to 3D. I can see in the future that 3D will become more and more saught after, especially in print. Once businesses figure out that they can have a product designed, then changed numerous times in one day, I'm pretty sure they'll start persuing 3D artist's themselves. I still do 2D work, but right now it's all about learning 3D. Check out my WIP here in the forum. I think it'll rock once it's done.

Keep up the work, and post more of it!

# 10 03-02-2003 , 08:05 PM
ok new design, tell me what you think guys. I hve included a shot with the square (more traditional strap) and one without. I think it looks too flimsy without the extra strap. tell me what you think please user added image

This design is more traditionally styled like a watch but that will change once i add the interface details on.

IMDB
# 11 03-02-2003 , 08:06 PM
without the strap

IMDB
# 12 03-02-2003 , 08:18 PM
Subscriber
Im thinking jewelry here, though I like the center piece.

How about some med-tech-look. Like a strap that's more uniform and non-jointed (or just singel or two-jointed).

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!
# 13 03-02-2003 , 08:28 PM
more like the one shown above?

IMDB
# 14 03-02-2003 , 08:42 PM
I like the new design. Does it really matter if it looks like jewelry? I would think that if I were to wear something everyday, I'd want it to be as austhetically pleasing as possible. Even if it isn't the most noble of devices.

# 15 03-02-2003 , 09:02 PM
I like the original one as it looks more future-y user added image

What about adding tubes that go into the arm? You could stain them with blood so they look used.

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....