Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 06-02-2005 , 07:29 PM

How to change Preferences?

Hi @ all!
I want to change my Preferences --> Display --> Max. Texture Display Res. from 2048 to 4096, but it doesn`t work. I made the changes to 4096 but Maya can not identify this change. It still works with the 2048 texture display.

If anybody of you has an idea why it doesn`t work, please give me some help.

thx.

# 2 07-02-2005 , 07:14 AM
hmm, not quite sure what you want. Maya will render out whatever resolution texture you want. But are you talking about open gl display in maya, why do you want such a high resolution for a preview? clarify

FX supervisor - double negative
# 3 07-02-2005 , 09:01 AM
The Problem is that when I inport an external img, to use it as an exemple to draw it in 3d (for exemple with a curve), I whant to zoom in, in order to make corections or to have more details. But if I what to zoom the img on a higher level the img becoms even smaller so that I can not make any corection in detail way. That happens only in the side and front sight. In the perspective works fine.

I thoght this option in the preference can resolve my problem. Do you have any Ideas what should I do.

Sory for my bad Englisch.

# 4 07-02-2005 , 02:29 PM
Subscriber
Ok, lets back all that up a bit. Are you using an image plane attached to your camera to trace your curves? (bad idea) Or did you set up a polygon plane and texture the image to that to trace your curves? If you use an image plane attached to your camera, youll find that when you zoom in, your work scales properly but the image never does. Search in our helpful tutorials section. If i remember correctly, one of our gracious moderators has posted a free tutorial on 'Image Plane Modeling'. If its not there, then one should be easily located on the web.

<html><font size=2>
<font color="blue">
And after calming me down with some orange slices and some fetal spooning,
E.T. revealed to me his singular purpose.

--TOOL, 10,000 Days---

</font></pre>
</html>