Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 19-02-2007 , 06:59 PM

duplicating a parented hiarachy?

hello, i want to duplicate a series of objects and mainatin the parenting relationships that I have created between them in the duplicated objects. anyone know how? Rachel. user added image

# 2 19-02-2007 , 11:41 PM
you could just duplicate the part you need and put the duped objectgroup back into hirarchy. MMB drag and drop it to the place inside the original hirarchy where you need it to be.

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.
# 3 20-02-2007 , 01:13 PM
thanks. I did that and it worked. just snother question, ne idea why a orthographic camera might b shifting position when i try to duplicate it, but other camreas do not do this when i duplicatre them.

# 4 20-02-2007 , 01:28 PM
when I´m duplicating a orthoCam it doesn´t shift, but if I had that prob I´d uncheck orthographic, duplicate it and check orthographic again.

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.