Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 23-09-2003 , 01:51 AM

Applying .jpeg file as 2D texture

Hey guys,

Got done viewing the "Image Plane and Set Up" movie (cool). Went into Maya and tried it out. Did everything exactly as shown in video. However, the image (texture) won't show up on the plane!! user added image

Any suggestions? Thanks!!

Cheers! user added image

The Blob :bgreen:

# 2 23-09-2003 , 02:12 AM
Check the properties of the jpg image. For some reason, I had problems getting progressive jpg's to show up in Maya 5. If I resaved them as standard jpg's I had no issues. user added image

# 3 23-09-2003 , 02:21 AM
hmm...tried that to no avail...

Thanks though Nataliia...I'll keep pluggin' away at it. Bound to get it sooner or later! user added image

Cheers!!! user added image

# 4 23-09-2003 , 02:22 AM
The Maya Mountain
yeah. I usually stick with tga, as it works pretty much every time.

Make sure hardware texturing mode is turned on (6 on the keyboard).

# 5 23-09-2003 , 02:28 AM
AAHH!!! One little press of a key on the keyboard!! Go figure!!

The hardware texturing mode was turned off. Geez! Haha...ah well, just leant something! WoooH!! user added image

Thanks for the help guys and gals!

Cheers,

PS: I'm gonna dabble in this months challenge...a picture may or may not get posted! hehe user added image

# 6 23-09-2003 , 03:40 AM
Heheheh, ya know, Blob...it took me a while to realize I couldn't see them due to that darn "6". user added image When I did, I felt really silly as I'd been cursing it, my computer, and anyone who came near me. hehe