Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 24-12-2003 , 12:52 PM

Duplication problem

I had a friend over today, and he was messing with maya while i was taking care of something, i went to use it and i tried to duplicate something, and it duplicated and made the objects its parent i think, i clicked a vert and it would select the same on the other one. I went into the duplicate options un took off the parent box and set it to world. And now nothing happens. When i duplicate it doubles the faces, verts, everything. But i dont see anything new. I tried to move the object out of the way, change the transition but it says its there. But i dont see anything.

Can anyone help?

# 2 24-12-2003 , 02:40 PM
Subscriber
Reset the settings in the Duplicate option window.

# 3 24-12-2003 , 02:45 PM
Should have come back and fixed this. I figured out what the problem was... he set the scale to duplicate to 0,0,0 for some reason... so the object was technically there... but at the same time not.

But thanks for the reply.