Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 02-12-2005 , 08:26 PM

A load of NooBie QQQ

Ok I have Maya 5 PLE, the one that come with UT2004. I would like to get a full version of Maya, maybe 7 but I don’t want to spend an s**t loads of money on it. As I’m using it for personal use is there a low cost version. I have seen a low cost version for students, is there one for NooB like me???

You see in Maya 5 PLE you can’t use metal ray. I would like to burn lighting onto models I have created in Maya. Also in the full version of Maya that is the size of the render view. Plus is there a simpler way to unwrap UV maps???

Sorry for going on…

:headbang:

# 2 02-12-2005 , 09:30 PM
Subscriber
Dude MAYA is expensive full stop .

ps for mental ray in PLE get maya 7 ple off alias website and it has it
check ur version first under plugin in manager and tick what i have highlighted. if not there u need a newer version of ple

Attached Thumbnails

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973
# 3 02-12-2005 , 11:34 PM
Please don't triple-thread.

Anyway -- personally I find Maya UVunwrap easy enough. So long as you convert to UVs you can move around and do whatever you want.

Last edited by Phopojijo; 02-12-2005 at 11:40 PM.