Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 04-12-2005 , 11:35 AM
Subscriber

Creating a DVD with the downloaded Totorial Avi's

Hello,

I've just downloaded all of the parts to the Ninja Warrior tutorial and have extracted them into avi's.

I was just wondering if anyone knew how to create a DVD using them?

Its just a pain of trying to toggle between the Windows media and Maya as its crippling my system. Unfortunately I dont have two monitors, so I'm going to have to try and make a DVD out of it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Keith.

# 2 08-12-2005 , 09:50 AM
Tubby
The easest way is to use a dvd player that can play divx video, just burn and play.

If you dont have a divx dvd player then you would have to convert the avi files to mpeg2.

The avi would need to be resized to 720 x 576 pixels MPEG2 (Pal) or 704 x 576 pixels MPEG2 (NTSC). Frame rates would also need to be changed from 15 fps to 25 fps (Pal) or 23.976/29.97 (NTSC).

The audio would need to re-sampled to 48000 Hz 192 kps.

Then you need to work out the output bitrate anything from 0 to 9.8 mps, higher bit rate = better picture quaility. But as the download files have a bit rate of 350 mps you would really need to stick to that, you can`t add qualitiy.

MPEG2 has issues with hard white and black vert/horz lines (which maya, light and max have lots of) they tend to encode as a bit fuzzy. You would need to run a filter to knock out the hard white and blacks (very light gray and very dark gray).

Multipass encoding is a must, 2 pass min.

Then you just need lots of time and processing power and hd space.

There are lots of free tools that will let you do this, but sadly the learning curve can be very steep.

One click solutions are Nero`s RECODE, it will convert to mpeg2 (doing all the resizing and covertions for you) or VSO`s DivxtoDVD (much the same as nero's tool). Output from these are not that great but may suit you.

Tons of information on video coverstion can be found here

https://www.videohelp.com/

# 3 08-12-2005 , 07:38 PM
Subscriber
You could use WinAVI and create a DVD straight from the AVI's. There would be quality loss.

Cheers