Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 25-02-2008 , 02:20 PM

Tobacco pouch, lighter, and rizlas

Hi,

just an image of some stuff I've made for a scene I'm working on. Crits and comments welcome, though there's not a lot to it, the lighter took quite a while.

I've got one problem - where the white tube enters the lighter, the two dark pieces above it are supposed to be reflective metal, but they don't reflect through the deilectric plastic. I've raised the trace limit for reflections and refractions, both in globals and on the objects. If anyone knows what is wrong let me know.

cheers,

gubar

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 25-02-2008 , 03:58 PM
not bad. user added image it looks like there is some liquid in the lighter, but at the moment the liguid looks like it's surface isn't sitting horizontal with the ground plane, if you know what I mean... also, been a while since I bought some rolling tobacco, but I feel like the packaging is usually a lot more shiny and there would be more of an obvious opening. might also be nice to have a few strands of tobacco dotted about the scene.

# 3 26-02-2008 , 12:32 AM
Thanks arran,

yeah there's no liquid in the lighter yet... need to think about how close the camera's going to get then add it if needed.

Agreed on the need for more specular highlighting on the pouch... this kind of packet has the opening at the back though, so the shape is accurate at then moment.

cheers

gubar