Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 31 28-08-2003 , 06:32 AM
Subscriber
wow just wow...

While attending school i knew a girl like this guy only she would just BLATANTLY steal work O_o

The first time was in Photoshop class where the project was to make a beliveable movie poster. well Hers was supposed to me some sort of noir type anime. As i looked closer i realized she had taken the dvd cover to the 1st Cowboy Bebop dvd and added 2 images to it then called it her own >_>

Second time
It was review time for our animations and the character that was up on her screen belonged to a guy 3 computers down! she claimed to have modeled and animated it all by herself. talk about having the nerv. she was put on probation after that and she was expelled when she turned in the squeak toy penguin from Toy Story 2 playing the piano as her final animation project. (the actual pixar movie clip) Even WORSE when her family came to pick her up she showed them the stolen work, and said she had graduated early >_>

i just dont get it.

# 32 28-08-2003 , 08:00 AM
Dont you just want to kill people like that!! Well... mabey jst castrate them with a rusty spoon!

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 33 28-08-2003 , 08:11 AM

Originally posted by z1mmnd14
OK, Pick n Mix time...From Brian i need a copy of your Jeep, Kurt your Spaz character, some dynamics work from Izzy....all for testing...no, honestly.

It's sad, just sad!

well in a better world everyone could post its work for all to mess with em on wonder how he did that detail which is in the part "you have this, you tweack it a little, and end with that" of the tutorials/cds (never happened to you that you find those "tweack a little" on some key parts?(i dont know about SMvip tutorials, im just making a general tutorial statement ) without having to care about it being stolen and used as if it was anothers work, an it would be wonderful, and money wont be an issue... and noone would be hungry, or homeless, or ill without being able to pay the treatment, but then we have the world we have... it is competitive... and that has good and bad consecuences...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
toughtfully said the dragon while thinking he really doesnt wants to return to study...

# 34 28-08-2003 , 09:33 AM
Vampus
They call it copyright user added image

# 35 28-08-2003 , 09:38 AM
im doing business administration rember? user added image im just ranting about it...

Last edited by dragonfx; 28-08-2003 at 10:02 AM.
# 36 28-08-2003 , 09:44 AM
Vampus
remember, in the world of computers, there is a theoritical maximun number of combinations and peritations that you can have before you start repeating other peoples work:p:p:p

EDIT: Sorry, peritations should read permutations. It's a mathamatical term. I think the spanish word for it is "Permutaciones"

# 37 28-08-2003 , 10:03 AM
what the heck is a peritation in spanish?user added image

edit:
huh permutations i can understand, paritations sounded just kinda funny and i was wondering how it could be related to probability user added image

Last edited by dragonfx; 28-08-2003 at 03:30 PM.
# 38 28-08-2003 , 10:11 AM
well, you know, in music there are only 6 "notes?" but then you have loads of songs and a trhilling industry... user added image

Last edited by dragonfx; 28-08-2003 at 10:14 AM.
# 39 28-08-2003 , 10:39 AM

Originally posted by Ultragames
Dont you just want to kill people like that!! Well... mabey jst castrate them with a rusty spoon!

I will ignore that. Ripping work is bad but nobody has the right to take someones life only because he ripped work. user added image

and about the castrating thing..ehhhr... can you imagine how it is to live as man without a penis????

user added image

# 40 28-08-2003 , 11:19 AM
Vampus
castration is chopping off the balls, not the penis user added image

# 41 28-08-2003 , 11:27 AM
ehhhr..... can you imagine how it is to live without balls then?

# 42 28-08-2003 , 11:28 AM
no....and i dont want to imagine user added image
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

- TwEeK
# 43 28-08-2003 , 11:54 AM
Vampus
Hey tweek, feel like a mountain oyster? user added image

# 44 28-08-2003 , 11:59 AM
thanks alot drknow for the description!
Crazy stuff...
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 45 28-08-2003 , 01:32 PM
Subscriber

I'm not equating Hitler to anyone. It was simply an analogy, not a comparison.

Our perceptions of the appropriateness of such an analogy in the case of plagarism differ, probably given that an analogy is "similarity in some respects" or "comparing something point by point with something similar". Perhaps I misunderstood how stealing peoples work is 'similar' to genocide, war mongering and dictatorship. Some people, and I include myself among them, don't think Hitler is really someone you should refer to so casually, but to each their own. Or perhaps I just 'have a problem' in which case do forgive me for raising it.