Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 26-03-2014 , 04:07 AM

3D Model Help

--HELP--

I recently acquired some 3D models (.obj files) but they were un-textured. They came with unwrapped texture maps (.png files). I was wondering how I would apply the maps to the model or if this is even possible.

Please help me out,

Small

# 2 26-03-2014 , 11:39 AM
EduSciVis-er
Yes, just right click on the model, go down to assign new material, then choose Lambert, for example. In the Lambert attribute editor, click the checker box beside color and create a new file node. Then in the file location, browse to your PNG texture. It should be applied. Hit 6 to see the texture in the viewport.

# 3 26-03-2014 , 12:15 PM
choose your shader and plug the diffuse (for example) image into the diffuse channel in your shader. plug in all the textures into the diffrent slots in ur shader to get all details provided

20 year old guy from Sweden

Big Bob Marley fan
Love skateboarding
Maya, Mudbox and Photoshop user

Full name: Marcus Ralman

https://www.facebook.com/MarcusRalman3D

^ My facebook page ^