Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 29-01-2005 , 06:12 AM
Subscriber

Extrude face. (solved)

Hey. I know this is going to be a really simply question to answer, but oh well... My excuse is that I'm still relatively new to maya =]

Whenever I'm extruding multiple faces -in different xyz plane configurations- at the same time, instead of pulling them all and creating one fluid shape I keep pulling the individual faces for some reason. What happens is the individual face gets pulled back, and the 'edge' where two faces meet gets extended and turns into a set of two new flat-faces.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong or what setting I forgot?

Last edited by Ainnst; 29-01-2005 at 01:34 PM.
# 2 29-01-2005 , 08:50 AM
Subscriber
Under polygon menu there is an option for "keep faces together" ensure that it is checked.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 3 29-01-2005 , 01:34 PM
Subscriber
I got it to work.

For some reason my model had duplicated vertices on top of one another so it set the second vertex as the anchor-point when I was pulling, hence the boxes I was creating accidentally. =P