Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 28-09-2004 , 10:04 PM

NEED SOME SKIN!!!

Does anyone know good site for making REALISTIC skin textures, I looked everywhere but its all crap...stones,bricks,grids,wood,alpha...bla,bla,bl a...
I think I saw one tutorial for elephant and it goes like-only for ADVANCED users:new layer-paint bucket,color-brown and put some texture filter to make skin rough-end+it's described in 2 pages!!!
It would be perfect if someone can describe how to make skin texture for color, bump, specular...
My model needs skin transplatation from photoshop urgent!Help,help,he is so young and gray!

# 2 28-09-2004 , 10:09 PM
The Maya Mountain
I tend to use photo sources.

# 3 29-09-2004 , 03:14 AM
Subscriber
Not sure if your saying you don't want to get in to the indeapth tech of makeing skin or that your not finding any of them good enufe.

Skin is not easy to nail and have look right. Thats why theres so much crap out there I guess.

a good SubSurfaceScattering shader like the one that 's on alias site can go a long way.

# 4 29-09-2004 , 12:18 PM
If I knew how to make the realistic skin texture I would have written tutorial about it, but since I don't know how, I can only scream for help.
I looked for the books about photoshop and basicly they are more oriented on photos and some basic texture making like you can find everywhere on the net.
Using photos for texturing is not bad, but when you need hi_res texture like 4000x4000 just for a one par of body like legs or head I think a photos wont do the job. Especially when your cam is close to an object, you need details for realism. Forgive me but I'm addicted in achieving the realism,I'm one of those Jurassic Park and LOR fans, amazed by its creatures in every segment of modeling,texturing,and animation!

Sorry for English,is that aaaa first or second conditional in the first sentense???
HVALA-meaning-THANK YOU
C U :-)

# 5 29-09-2004 , 12:26 PM
By the way is there a way I can use this texture for my model.Something like pattren, or a brush maybe,or....

Attached Images
# 6 29-09-2004 , 11:37 PM
Technical Director
I DO have a bump, and a color skin map, but I dont have the rights to give it out.

But you can get it by downloading right hemispheres deep paint 3D.

Go to the deep paint 3d's folder, and go to Resource>Texture>Companys>Right Hemisphere>Body>(skin2 for color, skin for bump)

Thats all there is to it!

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 7 30-09-2004 , 07:35 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Peltra
I DO have a bump, and a color skin map, but I dont have the rights to give it out.

as long as you give link to your source and do not claim it as your own and the publisher does not have restrictions on his/her agreement [which they don' t since its free], i don't see any problems.