Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 16 16-07-2005 , 09:26 AM
Subscriber
Worse than a P90 DJbLAZER it's a 1.25ghz G4 Mac with a limp ATI 9000Pro… :lmao:

When I click on a big lump of UVs to move I end up getting hypnotised by the rainbow wheel that starts spinning whilst it is working out what it's supposed to do...

Anyway, I am happy now since I can get on and have fun doing the painting bit - this is only a rough.

Tickety boo and ta ta for a bit...
Gazzamataz
https://www.gazzamataz.com
# 17 18-07-2005 , 02:56 PM
It is lookin good. I like it. You got a lot of patience, and that is a good thing. Looks like it will pay off.

# 18 19-07-2005 , 08:24 PM
Subscriber
Well, I finished the UV laying out and decided to switch over to my brand new PC - 2ghz AMD 64 with 1gb RAM and an ATI 9600XT GPU - WOW! What a difference in speed :attn:

This will be my last update for a while and I have started the texture map proper but need to do more work. I cannot do any more for the moment as I have a competition to enter.

I think I need a touch of GI Joe for the rendering can anyone tell me where to get his plugin?

I have been using a 1024 x 1024 map would you say this is big enough?

Attached Thumbnails

Tickety boo and ta ta for a bit...
Gazzamataz
https://www.gazzamataz.com

Last edited by gazzamataz; 20-07-2005 at 01:08 PM.
# 19 19-07-2005 , 08:54 PM
Looking good... UV texture mapping can definately take a while... definately enjoying your progress on this model...