Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 04-12-2005 , 04:32 PM
Subscriber

and another question

hi , i found this videotutorial https://www.deathfall.com/tutorials.p...wcontent&id=86

but i cant see what he s doin with the first 4-5 steps..
i mean sure he creates a plane and and sets the subdivisions marks the vertexes .. but the next step has a too low quality ...

thx
mat

# 2 06-12-2005 , 12:14 AM
I donĀ“t quite know what exactly he did with the geometry but I know how to achieve the same result.

Attached Images
# 3 06-12-2005 , 03:16 PM
Subscriber
i think exactly the point with the merging is what i cant understand...
i mark the verts and klick on edit polygons/ merge vertices but nothing happens?what have i to do?

# 4 06-12-2005 , 03:20 PM
Subscriber
dont really know what i did but suddenly it worked

# 5 06-12-2005 , 03:24 PM
The Maya Mountain
when you merge vertices, check the options for the distance slider. the higher the distance is set, the further apart the 2 verts can be and still merge.

Another command that can result in the same thing as that gif is to select the edge between the two verts you want merged and choose Edit Poly > Collapse.