Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 31-05-2007 , 04:07 AM

Animating a character with props.

Hello all.

I'm hoping someone can give me an answer to this. Wasn't sure which thread to put this into. Animation, rigging, so I decided it needs to go into the basics thread. Hope that's correct!

I have a human character walking into a scene carrying a briefcase. He walks up to a table and puts the briefcase onto the table, lets it go and walks to the other side of the room.

What I need to know from anyone here, is there a simple way to attach/unattach the briefcase to my characters hand while he walks in, and get it to let go when he places it onto the table.

I guess this question will apply to any prop that needs to be held/released by the character, such as a TV remote control, beer bottle etc.

I just can't figure out a simple way to do it.

Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Chesticles. user added image

Why isn't it Froderick Fronkenstein?
# 2 31-05-2007 , 06:14 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
you can solve this using constraints(point and orient constraints).
i don't have much time just know so if you google it or press f1 when in maya and search for constraints(specificly point and orient constraints).
good luck

# 3 31-05-2007 , 06:20 AM
Thanks for that. Will F1 away now I see it falls under the constraint area.

That has narrowed the field somewhat!

Why isn't it Froderick Fronkenstein?
# 4 31-05-2007 , 02:00 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon