Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 15-12-2005 , 11:53 AM

How to creat a simple skin model

I'm a newbie. I've project to creat a simple skin model with 3-layers sturcture. Someone can tell me what skill should be used to achive this aim? Polygonal Modeling, NURBS Modeling or others? please help me!!

# 2 19-12-2005 , 05:34 PM
Like a scientific model of the skin layers? hmmm well if you want an organic feel, i would use curves and nurbs. I can't give you much advice myself but you should probably go by trial and error.

# 3 19-12-2005 , 05:54 PM
yes, just like a scientific model of Skin.
I'm trying many times by using Polygon Modeling, but I haven't successed yet.
Need I creat each layer separately? and then lap them togother?
thanks

# 4 19-12-2005 , 06:03 PM
THats odd, see for a newbie project, I would choose a nice inorganic architectural object, or maybe a car, And if you want a nice organic one, you may want to go for a hand, or a head.

just my 2 cents

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 5 20-12-2005 , 07:16 AM
sorry, i'm not very clear about your meanings.
what should i do first?

# 6 26-12-2005 , 11:48 PM
If it were me, I would define the skin layers with the texture map. Unless you need them to be separate pieces. Personally, I would use polygons. Just modify a cube to suit your needs.

Goodluck!

Dave