Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 01-01-2008 , 09:30 AM

Arabic Text in Maya

Hi,
Can you please tell me how to create Arabic text in maya
Thanks,
Vishaal.

# 2 01-01-2008 , 09:54 AM
Lifetime Member
First of all do you have an Arabic font on your computer ? and secondly do you have an arabic keyboard?
If so then the easiest way would be to go to the create menu and select the little box next to the word Text , then type in the word or words you want in the top box marked Text.Then in the Type area select polygon if you want flat text or bevel if you want 3d text and finally hit Apply or create.

If you do not have an Arabic keyboard and or font then you can select the ep curve tool and go to an Orthographic view(side view or top view) and just click points to create the letters you need.Once you have the curves created you can select them and go to the Surfaces menu and click on Bevel Plus and that will create geometry from the curves.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 3 01-01-2008 , 10:29 AM
Jr.Who
Do you have a Mac or a PC?

# 4 01-02-2008 , 08:25 PM
Thanks jsprogg.
I tried these things before. My computer have arabic font and my keybord can type both english and arabic. But still the first one is not working. When i type in text box its showing arabic text. But after clicking apply or ok its showing?????? in the orthographic and prespective view.

Ep curve is very difficult to create more arabic text.

Please help me if any other option

Thanks
Vishaal.