Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 07-12-2008 , 06:21 AM

Can I key Parenting?

Hi, I'm working on an animation for class in which my character drops a box on a front door after looking around.

To get the box to stay with his body I parented the pivot point to his wrist. The only problem is I don't know how to get him to drop the box on the front door now without the wrist control still affecting it.

Can I key the parenting on and off?

Or whats the best way to make sure a prop stays with a character but can still have its own freedom? Thanksl.

# 2 07-12-2008 , 06:43 AM
I need to finish the assignment for tommorow morning.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

# 3 07-12-2008 , 07:05 AM
Super Moderator
Instead of parenting you should try using a parent constraint and keying the attributes on that. The help files have pretty straight forward explanation for setting parent constraints.

- Genny
# 4 07-12-2008 , 07:47 AM
I've looked at the tutorial, but now whenever I key the parent constraint from on to off when I want him to drop the box and then key the box to stay in place, it influences all of the previous keys as well so the box is now down on the ground rotating throughout the animation.

# 5 07-12-2008 , 08:41 AM
Nevermind figured it out. Thanks