Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 31 18-02-2011 , 02:13 PM
Yeah i went back to the intake, but making the overall design more compact i think it works better. I want more emphasis on the wings. The rear of the main component isnt where i want it yet but i have plans for that as well.

The wings are killing me as i dont know what to do with them. They need some detail i just dont know what yet.

And the blades just seem too simple.

I really wish i took the time to draw a good concept that i liked first, it would have saved a lot of time...

# 32 18-02-2011 , 09:17 PM
Lifetime Member
Is it atmosphere capable TD?? or space?? maybe some horizontal intakes and exhausts along the wing.....or air scoops top and bottom?? along the blades maybe hydraulic pipe work or similar...or again air scoops??

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 33 18-02-2011 , 10:42 PM
I think i will make it atmosphere capable, otherwise all the aerodynamics mean nothing. I agree some piping or exposed interiors might be a good idea. I feel the wings/blades are good they just dont fit the overall feel of the design, almost looks as if one person designed the body. another the wings, another the blades... I want it to look more cohesive. I should have some time to work on this during the weekend.

# 34 18-02-2011 , 11:28 PM
Lifetime Member
Hmmmm I tend to disagree on that TD...I think the overall shape is fine...just needs some tweeking....I have to go peg kerbs on a road...when I get back I will examine your screen shots (they are a little dark too LOL) and throw some suggestions in if you want mate??

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 35 19-02-2011 , 01:13 AM
Lifetime Member
Here mate...these are just my opinions...hope its at least an inspiration for you and not a flop LOL.

cheers bullet

Attached Images
File Type: psd bullets suggestions1.psd (759.3 KB, 117 views)

bullet1968

# 36 19-02-2011 , 02:10 AM
Lifetime Member
wing leading edge..I had reversed the direction but it could still be applied to your current shape.

EDIT: forgive my crappy replication mate LOL Im at work.

Attached Files

bullet1968

# 37 20-02-2011 , 02:55 AM
Thanks for the ideas bullet and i believe you are right about the wings, they need more definition, i think i have an idea. I just tweaked the back end and its how i like it, cleaning the mesh and i will post an render.

# 38 23-02-2011 , 04:47 AM
Tried giving a more pronounced front edge and changed the wings a little. Still not sure im happy with the wing ends but im running out of time... so lets see what i can come up with.

Attached Thumbnails

# 39 23-02-2011 , 05:13 AM
Lifetime Member
Thats fine mate...I would maybe extrude the top and bottom fins on the pods a tad more and angle them in towards the fuselage maybe....I would press on with detail now though mate.

Cheers bullet

bullet1968

# 40 26-02-2011 , 01:25 AM
Well i think these will be my final renders for this challenge as i wont have much time in the next few days to work on it. I spent way too much time redesigning it to get any good detail done. And undoing and redoing the same parts over and over killed any chance i had for a cohesive model. Sadly i know i could have done so much better on this if i had taken to the time to plan and sketch the design and then adhere to it. But that is something i will have to work on in the future.

I have a feeling i should have done something i have more experience in like cars... But that could always be my next project.

Attached Thumbnails

# 41 26-02-2011 , 02:10 AM
Lifetime Member
I like the previous one mate....too many changes and not enough time eh? oh well at least you got the shell done...try and pop in the cockpit mate...I quite like the form you have..almost the space jockey looking recline.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

# 42 26-02-2011 , 03:01 AM
Pop in the cockpit? Like model the interior?

# 43 26-02-2011 , 03:43 AM
Lifetime Member
LOL yeh mate sorry....I keep forgetting my Aussiness...apologies

bullet1968