Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 23-02-2011 , 06:24 AM

Head Modeling

I decided to model a head today but I'm not sure what to do about the edge loops running from the nostril to the eye. There are 4 of them that I would love to thin out because right now I don't like how they are so close to each other.

Here's a render and wire.

Attached Thumbnails

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 2 23-02-2011 , 06:28 AM
Actually I just figured it out I think.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 3 23-02-2011 , 06:32 AM
Not sure why I didn't see something so obvious, but here's how I fixed it.

Attached Thumbnails

Exceed Expectations!
# 4 23-02-2011 , 07:23 AM
Nice. Very light and clean geometry.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 5 23-02-2011 , 07:51 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Check the topo thread too....it can help you out as well...

good job

J

# 6 23-02-2011 , 03:23 PM
Thanks ctbram and Jay. Took me awhile to find the topology thread you mentioned Jay but I checked it out and lots of great info in there. I especially like the image you posted that had the muscles defined. I think it might have been on page 2, very useful, thx.

Exceed Expectations!