Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 31 21-09-2002 , 08:39 AM
Kevin
looking better all the time mate... kepp it up, you seem to be very driven to improve yourself..so good man

# 32 22-09-2002 , 12:13 PM
I love the modeling technique. user added image
God work. user added image

I love mechanical thing.
# 33 25-09-2002 , 11:33 AM

Nautilus photo discovered!

Legendary Nautilus photo discovered!

CARACAS, VE- A picture of the famous Nautilus submarine was discovered last Tuesday on a old attic in London. The owner, Mr. Alberto De Lucca said to newspapers this morning: "I just couldn´t believe what I was seeing, this is truly a historical document. Never know what´ll appear in your attic right?"

The picture was supposedly taken during one of the submarine´s tests in 1865 before the events that led to the publication of the book "20.000 Leagues under the sea" by Julius Verne.

According to experts, what makes this picture so special is the fact that it´s the only underwater photo taken of the legendary Nautilus.

A panel of world renowned experts is treating the photo to carefully scrutinize all visible details to try to uncover one of mankinds most entrailing puzzles, what happened to the Nautilus?

Last edited by adldesigner; 25-09-2002 at 01:20 PM.
# 34 25-09-2002 , 11:34 AM
# 35 25-09-2002 , 11:37 AM
That´s my entry for the challenge itself ...
Wireframes will be posted soon with descriptions.

Feedback and critique appreciated

# 36 25-09-2002 , 01:35 PM

Posting Wireframes ...

Hello again ...

I´m posting the wireframes for my final sub entry.

The entire sub was based on a White Shark concept, as such it respects some of it´s proportions although some are enhanced for sub´s appearance.

As I mentioned in some earlier post, this sub doesn´t have a propeller but somewhat modified jet-ski engines, that would explain the four cilinder-type formations that you can see near both wings.
The water entry holes are connected to the water output ones at the back of the sub. (Check .ma file to see what I´m talking about)
The two holes on top of the sub would be .. torpedo tubes! (I thought .. hell yeah! mine has torpedos! lol)

It has three spotlights, two below the canopy and one behind the dorsal fin.

I must say I enjoyed a lot making this sub since it´s my first CG creation, besides I had lot´s of questions about poly modeling and I feel quite confident now with it. (SUB-Ds prepare to meet your maker! -lol-)

I expect to work with NURBS in the next challenge .. until then, keep on modeling! See you guys!

As always feedback and critique are most welcomed!

Last edited by adldesigner; 25-09-2002 at 11:34 PM.
# 37 25-09-2002 , 01:38 PM
Here´s the .ma file ...

(btw: It´s not nautlis but Nautilus in the wireframe pic -just a little typo-)

# 38 25-09-2002 , 08:44 PM
Supreme Being
you really don't have to attach the file.. unless you really want to.. i mean it not needed..

nice sub you got there man.. :p
thnx for takin' part.. user added image

# 39 25-09-2002 , 11:29 PM
Yeap, I know it wasn´t needed, but hell I´m quite proud of the two water holes, user added image

(Something you guys might want to look at)

Besides what´s better to judge a model´s geometry but by watching the geometry itself with the freedom of movement you get while making it.

(btw: Did the .ma work? just checking)

# 40 25-09-2002 , 11:32 PM

Hmm .. thinking about it ...

Originally posted by adldesigner
Besides what´s better to judge a model´s geometry but by watching the geometry itself with the freedom of movement you get while making it.

Now that I think about it, I´m going to check some of those 3d Web Visualization Progs, perhaps Viewpoint or something. It´ll give a punch to those models ... and the way we see them.