Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 21-06-2004 , 12:06 AM
Subscriber

Manipulation/Movement differences

Hi,
I wasn't sure which Forum to post this question, maybe It should be in the Noob section, I will let you decide (If I can explain properly)

One Thing I have noticed while using Maya but only just worked out (I think????) what causes it.

When making say a large model, you build it OK.
And all the "VIEW" [B]movements[B] work nice and you can revolve round your model easily.

I notice that later, when making a smaller object for the scene (Working in same scene) that the 'VIEW' is very hard to control... the rotate View is a Larger orbit etc. as if it has carried on using the "LARGE" model..
I just spent a while in this post asking why/how etc...... but really I don't need to know, just ..........Is there a way to "Transform?" or something to get it back to its 'default' way to move the perspective camera - and then maybe swap back when applying the 'small' object to the 'larger' scene?

It's been a hard one to explain.

Regards Scraggy

# 2 21-06-2004 , 12:17 AM
Subscriber
when working on a smaller part - press 'F' to focus on that part and you will revolve/rotate around that

cheers

Rich
# 3 21-06-2004 , 03:00 PM
Subscriber
Thanks - That helps a lot.

Scraggy

# 4 28-06-2004 , 05:39 PM
Maybe use the ZOOM (ALT + LMB + MMB)? But I could be wrong on that. user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 5 28-06-2004 , 07:05 PM
Subscriber
All sorted thanks.... I made that 'darn' Graveyard scene about 5 times the size required ... DOH! so the 'F' trick worked.

Just need to make a "simple" candle and flame now - But am a bit stuck - In the FX forums if you can help me....

Scraggy