Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 256 24-03-2006 , 08:45 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hey Tim

Thanks.

Texturing? Hmm,well the body and head have been uv'd already, but I'd like to get the rest done first before texturing. As I stated previously its onto the clothes, weapons etc next, but I'll be doing uv's as I go so, hopefully it will cut down a bit of time instead of model>uv>texture, so I dont have to go back over the whole model again.:attn:

Also there will be 3, yes 3 versions of this girl in various stages ie; 'battle damage' (holes etc), jacket and boots removed, and the full outfit, plus the rig will differ in one for extreme 'comic style' poses, but for that it will be a case of different weighting and correcting blend shapes...

Cheers
Jay

# 257 24-03-2006 , 09:49 AM
Jay sorry the delay, the coment i did about the leg porportion just forget it, i think now is ok maybe i missed some pic you posted user added image

Good work.

PIXELDISFUNCTION.COM

Pelican spaceship
# 258 25-03-2006 , 11:38 PM
Subscriber
is this game yours or for the boss? It looks like a work of love? How long do you think it will take? Must be a lot of work after the modeling, so I wonder if you work in this field do you hand the models to the animators or is this baby yours?

I have 'heroes' by the IR gurus, its the only game i have, I liked the idea of flight simulation, it took them two years. I wonder if the return was worth it, it must be a bit of a gamble???

I just sent another message but it didn't appear on screen so sorry if you get this twice.

take it easy and life will be easy
# 259 26-03-2006 , 09:39 AM
Mirek

Game? No no

This girl is for my own personal project. Hopefully a 3d graphic novel. See my site link at the bottom of the post

The link I gave you on the other thread, was my daily work...
We have to do everything, theres no handing over to animators who hand over to the renderers, its just me and 3 other great guys who do what we do...though saying that, one of them is a good texture artist, one is a good lighter renderer and the other is a good programer, and me I sort the characters, so there a bit of everything to be learnt from each other there...

Jay

# 260 26-03-2006 , 06:45 PM
Subscriber
thats not work he he, actyally it sounds like a sh....t load of work on the shoulders of a few blokes..,

sounds like a well oiled machine.

so the work is your own and now I also realise you have answered this question many times, the work is farout...
thanks for your patience

ill check the link...

# 261 28-03-2006 , 10:34 PM
Kerrching!!

Update...
Jay

Attached Thumbnails
# 262 28-03-2006 , 11:38 PM
Subscriber
user added image user added image user added image user added image user added image user added image :bow:

f....k.....g incredible...

can't wait to see the final product...

# 263 29-03-2006 , 12:35 AM
wow you're good.

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 264 29-03-2006 , 10:02 AM
Looking cool!!

# 265 29-03-2006 , 03:59 PM
that's looking really amazing mate, nice one

I'm curious as to the style of clothing she's going to have, have you got any designs or references to have a look at?

# 266 29-03-2006 , 04:16 PM
Subscriber
wow jay ..once again ...outdoing yourself ...love the work and web page

# 267 29-03-2006 , 08:03 PM
Wow look at this lot!!

thank you guys...

Rostoons: Yeah I have a design, its all drawn up in pencil and shaded, I'm actually doing a color version in PS at the moment which will go on my site once its done. Its a similar design to the older version of the girl I did before, but this is going to be seriously slicker in every aspect- I can tell you with confidence!! heres the design I did in pen at work whilst waiting for renders, the final is much tidier and the pose is alot more refined too.

Cheers for now

Jay

Attached Thumbnails
# 268 30-03-2006 , 12:46 PM
cool design, reminds me a bit of joanna dark from the perfect dark computer games. I like the inclusion of the trailing material behind her as well.

# 269 30-03-2006 , 01:09 PM
Joanna Dark?, I dont know that one I'm afraid, I'll have a look around so I know what you mean.

Yeah the cloak is my little nod/ homage toward The Batman himself, it can make a character with something as simple as that that cape...

Cheers, updates later...
Jay

# 270 31-03-2006 , 06:33 PM
just wanna say that it looks great!!
oh ! so good!!

hoho~~