Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 26-11-2002 , 01:25 AM
Subscriber

I'll be without my love....for a whole week!

Well, if you're the kind who always looks to see what users are online on Simply Maya, you've probably noticed that I have been hooked up to the site for like a week straight without ever signing off of the internet. Well fall break is coming up in school and we get about a week off. That's the good part. The bad part is that I have to go to New York for a family Thanksgiving (not that it's a bad holiday or anything) and I'll be there the entire week. The place I'm staying at doesn't have the internet and I won't be able to use Maya! Nooooo!!!!! This is very disappointing to me since I am on a roll with shaders and particle effects at the moment. All that free time gone to waste! Anyway, I should be back soon, so don't think I suddenly bailed on the site.

Happy Mayaing.

# 2 26-11-2002 , 01:29 AM
Subscriber
damn! shucks man!!!,,, i would buy a laptop and go there!!!!user added image

# 3 26-11-2002 , 01:42 AM
LOL man ..enjoy life for a while user added image

# 4 26-11-2002 , 02:02 AM
SM Alumni
A simple phrase- PC Anywhere user added image

Have a good Thanksgiving!

Darkon

Red bellows of flame have blackened my stones
Convulsing my frame and cracking my bones
Hell's dragons of steel who roar in their chains
Crawl into my caves to suck out my veins.....

-The Mountain P.F.M.
# 5 26-11-2002 , 02:04 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Darkon
A simple phrase- PC Anywhere user added image

Have a good Thanksgiving!

Darkon

Originally posted by Darkware
The place I'm staying at doesn't have the internet

!!!!!!:p

# 6 26-11-2002 , 03:43 AM
Subscriber
Tell me about it. I've been meaning to buy one, but I my mother doesn't think I need one seeing as how we've already got four computers as it is plus a $2000 dollar program. (Maya) Perhaps I can get a job next summer and cough up enough money to buy one.

Ok, this is my last post until I get back. I'm going to bed finally. Farewell.

# 7 26-11-2002 , 04:26 AM
Subscriber
You will be misseduser added image May the force be with you... wait a minute! Never mind, Darth Maul was a Sith! LOL

Steven C.
# 8 26-11-2002 , 04:52 PM
Kevin
darkware - have a nice break mate, it will do you good!!! you will come back feeling like a spring chicken..

I will await your return, if i hear nothing ...I will come and find you user added image

# 9 26-11-2002 , 07:34 PM
Supreme Being
have a nice time Darkware.. :p
without maya you can always draw up some ref's for future projects.. and read a couple of books.. :p

# 10 01-12-2002 , 05:21 AM
Subscriber
Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm back! I'm back! I'm back!

Wow. You would not believe the week I had. Incredibly boring, just as I predicted it would be. However, since my mother and I drove nearly non-stop all the way from New York to Kentucky, I have a whole day to prowl through Simply Maya and work with our favorite program. It took 15 hours total to drive from one place to another and came out to be approximitely 770 miles I believe. Man am I glad that's all over with. Forums, gallery, and tutorials here I come!

*runs through Simply Maya waving his hands in the air wildly*

# 11 01-12-2002 , 08:39 AM
SM Alumni
Good to see you made it back alive user added image

Darkon

Red bellows of flame have blackened my stones
Convulsing my frame and cracking my bones
Hell's dragons of steel who roar in their chains
Crawl into my caves to suck out my veins.....

-The Mountain P.F.M.
# 12 01-12-2002 , 09:20 AM
Kevin
hey you made it Darkware!!

great to see you back mate!!!

# 13 01-12-2002 , 06:52 PM
Well, it's worse for MY machine than I thought....

My tech guy is still working on it, and he says that there seems to be a problem with my mobo/proc combo...

I'll have an email machine for the next week, but since I have no money this month, I'm not sure about how long it may take me to get the tut ready...

It's ready for me to just record it, but since I don't have my Maya machine, I'm stuck.

I'll keep you all updated.......

again, sorry Kev.

Don't think I've abandoned SM, it just that I have no money at the moment, so my Maya machine will have to wait....

We are working on it as we speak, so I'll keep you all updateduser added image ....

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com