Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 30-01-2007 , 05:50 PM
Subscriber

Mouse not working!!!!

i installed a game and my mouse worked fine after that but then, i shut my cpu down and now it dont move, the keyboard works fine. it is a wireless keyboard and mouse, the batteries are fine the red laser is still on. anyone know whats going on????

Do what you like, like what you do.
# 2 30-01-2007 , 06:16 PM
the mouse doesn't work anymore just per normal use?

i'd recommend uninstalling the game, and see if that changes anything. if it does, then the game is causing a problem...

if it doesn't, then it's the mouse. try installing a wired mouse and see if that works. also, do the keyboard and mouse both communicate with the computer using the same device? (infrared, radio, bluetooth, etc.) if so, but the keyboard still works, then your mouse may have just died. it happens. but still, try reinstalling your wireless mouse drivers and see if that does anything. working without a mouse isn't impossible, just annoying user added image

Accept no substitutions.
# 3 30-01-2007 , 06:56 PM
Senior Software Developer
99/100 for Neo user added image

The only thing he didnt say to try is to redo the connection. Press Connection on the mouse and wireless receiver together to try to get it to work.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 4 30-01-2007 , 07:55 PM
Subscriber
ill give it a try, i tried pushing the connectoin buttons and that still didnt do anything. i uninstalled the game, and did a system restore but still nothing, ill try throwing in a diffrent type of mouse. thanks for helping me.

# 5 30-01-2007 , 11:15 PM
Subscriber
daffas, what game is it?

some online games i play, the mouse dosnt work after a couple of weeks because of some reason... something got to do in the settings. i just reset to default controls and it works again...

marlon

# 6 31-01-2007 , 10:24 AM
Subscriber
the game was RYL2, but i installed it on my laptop and my mouse still works fine. it could have been after installation i has to restart and it didnt say restart on my desktop after the installation was complete. i just want to formate it anyway but i dont have the boot disk or whatever its called. ive been haveing problems with the desktop since i got it. and can anyone explain why i always have to keep clicking the accept cerificate button?

# 7 31-01-2007 , 01:31 PM
damn... i missed 1 point for never having used a wireless mouse. boo.

but thanks for the assist, R@nSiD user added image

Accept no substitutions.
# 8 04-02-2007 , 09:48 AM
Subscriber
i feel retarted now, a buddy of mine came over and held down the connect button.:headbang: the logitech site said push the button. lol, any way it is now solved.:attn:

# 9 04-02-2007 , 12:28 PM
Subscriber
lol ryl2, ryl was the best!

wierd problem dude, gladly you got it fixed user added image