Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 06-06-2006 , 08:12 AM
Subscriber

Ninja Turtle

I'm working on Leonardo. I'm having a hard time with the face. It looks really goofy rightnow so I'll get back to it after I finish everything else. I'm getting pretty close. After leo's done, I'm going to do the rest of the turtles with different proportions and size and then pose it. user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 06-06-2006 , 11:05 AM
Subscriber
this is lookin good. . .lemme guess, you are about 18 years old and used to LOVE the Ninja Turtles???

this reminds me of when my now 18 year old son took the belt off one of those turtles (he was a mere 3 at the time) and shoved it straight up his nose. scared the crap outta his mom and i cause we couldnt get it out. . .so off to the hospital we went. the doctors and nurses were unfettered by the scene and promptly removed the Ninja Turtle belt from my sons nose.

good luck with finishing him off. but please, no belts up anyones nose!

# 3 06-06-2006 , 12:20 PM
Subscriber
yes i love the turtle ..very good modeling ...love the attention to small detail.

# 4 06-06-2006 , 11:48 PM
Subscriber
I was about 18 a few years ago, now I'm 24. user added image
And yup, I use to love Ninja Turtles. I guess I'm not the only one that was inspired. Not sure if it was for good, but it got me pretty violent and my dad sent me to mma training which I loved haha. And yeah I'll make sure to update when I have the chance(w/ some belt safety features.)

# 5 06-06-2006 , 11:57 PM
Subscriber
i used to play the gameboy version and the family com version of ninja turtles. and yeah my mum stopped me from playing it saying that is was too violent for my age. (i was 7).
the little things really do count in these type of models.

btw leo was my favorite turtle. user added image

A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice!!
# 6 14-06-2006 , 07:48 AM
Subscriber

# 7 14-06-2006 , 08:14 AM
Subscriber
Man this is one of my favorite threads. I love the fact someone is doing the ninja turtles. I hope you dont stop at leo

Lamborghini Mucielago

Ferrari Modena 360

I create feeling in others that they themseleves don’t understand.
# 8 14-06-2006 , 08:18 AM
Subscriber
I'm gonna do all of them. I even have shredder in progress. I started it before the turtle, but had a hard time getting ideas so I stopped for awhile. I'd like to do splinter, but I don't know how to work with hair!

# 9 14-06-2006 , 10:36 AM

cool

cool modeling like it alot gives me some idea were to go with yosagi .

whats the poly count on that looks alot less than what i have used so far and u have muth more detail.

niceone

Dragon013

# 10 14-06-2006 , 07:44 PM
Subscriber
Hey it only seems like a little polygons because it's in subdivision mode. In poly mode, the character itself w/out the shells and accessories is 12,000 triangle polies unsmoothed. So it's not very little.

# 11 15-06-2006 , 03:17 AM
Subscriber
hay great another turtle thread but I`m liking this one more. This one brings back good memorys.

(theres one over at cgtalk but they are custom looking turtles that look nothing like the old show)

Just wondering why you have giving him an extra sword?

# 12 15-06-2006 , 04:12 AM
Subscriber
Have you seen One Piece on the cartoon network? There's a guy named Roronoa Zoro who's the master of three swords. He holds one sword in each hand, the 3rd with his mouth. I thought that was a pretty cool concept, so I thought I'd give him 3 swords also.

You got the link to the the one on CGtalk? I'd love to see it. user added image

# 13 15-06-2006 , 11:23 AM
Subscriber
really great work. . .would love to see him all textured.

are you gonna make April the reporter as well?

have to ask you what mma is? i do remember limiting my son to just watching the cartoon and not playing the video games (which i am certain i bought him - oops) becauase he would get sooooo violent! omg!

and thanks for the safety features for all those who don't know any better.

# 14 15-06-2006 , 08:10 PM
Subscriber
I don't plan on making April, but who knows. Right now I'm just organizing my file and then tweaking the current model around to make the rest of the turtles. As for MMA, it's mixed part arts training where you fight each other with whatever skills you have. Brawl and sprawl, grappling, submissions, kicking, punching, elbowing, kneeing etc. If you ever watch UFC or Pride Fighting, those are all mixed martial arts. In the UFC, you fight in the cage, in Pride there's a ring. I've never competed in any of those events though or any mma matches at that, just trained for it and fought for fun at the gym with fellow students. I did compete in boxing and kickboxing though. Less violent. user added image

# 15 15-06-2006 , 08:36 PM
Subscriber
just curious ..was looking to see how you got all the fine detail ..can you post a wireframe in polys ..just trying to learn ...

if not i totally understand ..