Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 03-10-2011 , 04:26 AM

Mental Ray Render Proxy

Hey guys, so it seems i have a problem with my Render proxy and would be great if someone could guide me through this, cuz its really driving me crazy user added image

im using maya 2012, i have done the basic way of exporting an assembly proxy of a high res object then i opened a new maya scene and created a cube and linked the proxy and put it on Renderable and everything went well until i pressed render.

now the problem is i see the object but with no texture, i see the material too. so could anyone please let me know what have i done wrong?

here is the error i get

// Error: (mental ray) : image.jpg: can't open file for reading (No such file or directory) //

user added image

Autume Challenge Nov 09

Moving Forward
# 2 03-10-2011 , 05:59 AM

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 3 03-10-2011 , 08:04 AM
you saved my life ctbram user added image thank you so much it works now user added image

Autume Challenge Nov 09

Moving Forward
# 4 18-02-2015 , 08:41 PM

Need Help

Hi every one I have also same error .I am very sad because i don't have access to given forum.user added image
Is there any other way to get this forum?

Last edited by kamranmanan; 18-02-2015 at 08:44 PM.